Tag Archives: Skills Archaeologists Should Posses
Archeology is the study about past human activity. The objects that being researched and analyzed are artifacts which come in various forms and sizes. Archeologists are those who conduct the study of past human activity. They use archeological methods to reach the purpose. There are some phases archaeologists should pass to perform archaeological projects such as excavating, dating, interpreting objects as well as sites, and publish the result tot public. Through archeology, we can understand more about the humanity and its development. This way, we can also identify the changes happened to social and environmental aspects of the past.
Archaeologists and their required skills
Archaeologists don’t always work on the field or archaeological sites. They can work in laboratory also at situs poker online to conduct research upon historical artifacts found from the site. It means that archaeologists also have choice to specialize their work. However, every archaeologists should possess particular skills so they will be able to conduct archaeological projects properly. Here are some of them:
- Written communication skills are required because archaeology also requires archaeologists to write information for further research and analysis. The result of the record will further need to be published through written reports such as books.
- Archaeologists also should possess meticulous attention to detail. They work to analyze artifacts so every little pattern contain important information to discover.
- Archaeologists also should be able to record accurately as well as possess reporting skills. Archeologists should have writing, drawing, and photography skills.
- Archaeologists should be able to extract and analyze data meticulously and clearly. Archaeological project is not only about performing excavation to the sites. It is also about how to manage the data collected from the project so there will be valuable discovery.
- Archaeologists should have presentation skills. After collecting and analyzing data, archeologist should be able to present the result to the public properly so everything will be understandable. Presenting the result of the project is part of the work archaeologist will be part in.
- Good archaeologists should possess time management skills and flexible in terms of locations. Archaeologists may need to move from one location to another to gather data from the artifacts found in more than one or two sites.
- Archaeologists should be able to work in team because archaeological projects can be done single-handedly. A solid team will make the project goes smoothly. Every phase of conducting archaeological projects need special attention and expertise so teamwork is essential in archeology.